[Translate to Englisch:] Bewerbung mit beruflicher Qualifikation

[Translate to Englisch:] Das Land Nordrhein-Westfalen hat für Personen, die keine Fachhochschulreife oder Hochschulreife erwerben oder erworben haben, sich aber in der beruflichen Bildung qualifiziert haben, den Hochschulzugang und damit die Studiermöglichkeiten neu geregelt.

Gerne stellen wir dir die verschiedenen Anforderungen und Möglichkeiten für ein Studium ohne Fachhochschulreife bzw. Abitur vor.

Meisterbrief oder Berufsausbildung

> Who holds a master craftsman’s certificate or similar vocational qualifications has access to studies. These qualifications entitle their holders to study any degree programme have access to studies.

> Who has completed a vocational training of at least two years and can prove that they have pursued occupational activities in this learnt profession for at least three years has access to studies.

For both the above cases applies:

For degree programmes with local admission restrictions these applicants can only be admitted by a special quota. Admission-free courses of study can be studied if all requirements are met.


In adition, an admission examination can be taken or on admission-free degree programmes, trial studies are possible. Prerequisite here, too, is a minimum vocational training of two years. The required professional activity of at least three years does not need to have been pursued in the same profession. Here, responsibly and independently running a family household, bringing up a minor child or caring for a relative are regarded equivalent.


More information is given in the chart. The vocational qualifications only apply to qualifications/master craftsman’s certificates of the handicraft regulations, the German Vocational Training Act and vocational trainings regulated by federal or state law. The Registrar's Office will gladly provide you with further information.




Hilfreiche Links

The regulations on the various requirements and possibilities for studying without a general university entrance qualification or entrance qualification for a university of applied sciences are summed up in the Regulations on University Access for Applicants with Vocational Qualifications.

Information on the admission test procedure can be found on the website of the State Rectors‘ Conference.

The regulations regarding the conduction of the admission test and the trial studies for the  vocationally qualified at the FH Aachen University of Applied Sciences (ODZP) can be found in the Admission Examination Regulations