We will only accept online applications (Link to portal).
The online application portal for winter term 2020-2021 will be open:
until September the 30th 2020.
Admission requirements (To upload to the online application portal)
- Bachelor Degree (180 ECTS)
- Applicants from outside Europian Union: At the time of application upload final Bachelor Degree and all academic transcripts showing grades for all years of university study (Including a official translation into English or German if necessary).
- Applicants from European Union: If the final Bachelor Degree will be completed before the beginning of the program, upload all academic transcripts showing grades for all years of university study.
- English language certificate
- IELTS 5.5 or higher or TOEFL Interned based Test 68.
- German Abitur or Fachhochschulreife with a minimum mark of 3 (befriedigend) in English.
- English is your native language: This is only valid if you have attended at least 4 years of secondary school in one of the following countries and enclose a school certificate showing your grades for the entire period of enrollment: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States of America. Applicants from Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Nepal, and Pakistan must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores, even if your complete education was in English. If you are admitted, the German embassy will not give you a visa if you do not have a current TOEFL or IELTS score sheet.
- German language certificate
- Applicants whose native language is not German or did not attend a degree program in German at a German language university must submit proof of German language certificate at the level B1 by application. This language proof can be submitted later and is a requirement for taking exams of third semester.
You must upload the original documents. They do not need to be notarized or certified.
Additional requirement for online application
- Curriculum Vitae, please refer to this example, as this is the only acceptable form: CV
- Course comparison list. This document is only available in the online application portal, where you must download it, complete it and then upload it again.
- Statement of Purpose containing a reasoning which field of studies is intended or which scientific goal is to be reached.
In the recent years ~25% of all applicants could be admitted.