If you have already been registered at another university, or are currently still registered there, and wish to transfer to the FH Aachen, an application for a higher semester of a particular degree programme ("Fachsemester") is a change of university. Here's the information on which requirements have to be fulfilled and how to proceed.
A change of university takes place if you have already studied at another university and would like to continue the same, or a similar, degree programme at another university. The recognition of previous academic achievements is compulsorily required.
If no previous academic achievements can be recognised, this does not formally constitute a change of university. In that case, you must regularly apply for the respective subject for the first semester.
The best way to apply for a change of university is to proceed as follows:
1. Have yourself classified into a higher semester by the examination board of the respective faculty
2. Apply online for a university change within the application deadlines for university changers. (Please note: Es gelten gesonderte Fristen und je nach Land des Erwerbs der Hochschulzugangsberechtigung ist eine Bewerbung über uni-assist notwendig).
Basic requirements for a change of university are:
- proof of creditable examination results from your previous studies
- a confirmation from the examination board of the respective faculty at FH Aachen of the classification
in a higher (Fach-)semester
- a university entrance qualification
If necessary, further requirements have to be fulfilled, such as, for example:
- proof of pre-study practical training
- proof of an aptitude test
Please note that some degree programmes are also admission restricted in the higher semester. Accordingly, a decision on your application for a change of university may not be made until after the end of the re-registration phase: Only after the re-registration phase is the number of free places at university determined. These are then awarded to university changers.
This means that even if you apply for a higher semester, there is no guarantee of a place in an admission-restricted degree programme.
FH Aachen University of Applied Sciences
Postfach 100 560
T +49.241.6009 0
F +49.241.6009 51090