This project aims to develop a software to extend the use and simplify the handling of the Volatility Framework.
Objectives of VOLIX:
- Simplify the handling of Volatility
- Provide a more intuitive GUI handling
- Reduce complex command sequences to a single click
- Improving usability
- Increase analysis speed (no tedious typing of commands)
- Make comparison and correlation of results easier
- Offer assistance / examples
- Provide new functions
- Automated search for malware and analysis of the findings by VirusTotal
- Detecting of hidden processes and network connections
- Integrate existing and new plug-Ins
- Provide a graphical analysis of images in the form of diagrams and/or statistics
- Generate reports
- *NEW* Complete support of the Volatility Framework 2.3.1
- With all Linux and MacOS plugins
- *NEW* Improved helpfile with a complete investigation example
- *NEW* A questionaire can be filled in, that will be analysed by VOLIX II and based on this the plugins will be inserted
- *NEW* The investigation is now mostly automated
- *NEW* A new plugin will be started as soon as another one ends
- Up to three plugins will run simultaneously
- Results are parsed to set parameters for the plugins that are started next
- *NEW* A complete final report can now be created at any time
- *NEW* John the Ripper was integrated into Volix II to crack SAM hashes
Information on the project:
- The project started in Spring 2013 and is still ongoing.
- Comments and suggestions are appreciated.
- If you want to be kept informed about this project, subscribe to our Volix Newsletter (you need to register for that).
Members of the project team:
Current project members:
Former projekt members:
Messages to the VOLIX-Team: